Sunday, December 21, 2008

Selena Gomez: Santa Claus Sweetheart


Selena Gomez wraps her arm around Santa at the Pepsi Holiday House to make a donation to the Clothes Off Our Back charity in Los Angeles on Saturday afternoon.

The 16-year-old Wizards of Waverly Place starlet dished to JJJ on what she has planned for the upcoming holiday season.

On what she wants for Christmas: I already got it. The gift of being able to be home with my friends and family.

On her favorite tasty treats: My favorite decoration would have to be the ornament I made for my mom when I was 5. I made it out of popsicle sticks and a picture of my house.

On special holiday memories: I think every year is special. It’s our moment and our family’s chance to just sit back and not worry about anything and just be with each other so I think every Christmas counts for us.

On her favorite holiday dish: My favorite dish is my Nana’s homemade stuffing. She makes it all homemade and it takes about two hours, but it’s unbelievable and she always has to make two pots so that I can have some left over.

On her holiday plans: This will be the first year that I’ll be able to go home since I moved away from Texas, so I’ll be spending the holidays with my family on my dad’s side and my mom’s side and coming back to Texas for a good two weeks and doing nothing, which is very refreshing.

On her favorite holiday song and movie: I love The Grinch with Jim Carrey! Every year I watch that movie. My favorite song would have to be “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” by Christina Aguilera.

On family traditions: I split my holidays up because my parents are separated so every tradition would have to be Christmas day with my mom and her family and then Christmas Eve with my Dad and his family and there comes a point when we all come together and wish each other Merry Christmas.

On the best gift she’s ever gotten: The best gift I ever got was a vintage jewelry box that my mom bought me. It’s one of a kind and it’s kind of antique-ish looking and has these really neat faded pink colors and these purple colors. It’s beautiful and I love that.

On where she would love to celebrate Christmas: I would have to say home. If I could spend it with anybody it would just be my family at home.

0 Comments: