Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Zac Efron: London Bound


Sure, everyone loves him as the steamy High School Musical Heartthrob. But Zac Efron is on a mission to be taken seriously as a real bona fide actor.

Spotted out in Hollywood this past weekend, and then again yesterday at LAX airport, Zac is in London as we speak, prepping for his role in “Orson Welles and Me,” his first serious role. And Efron says he can’t wait.

“It’s a completely different project than I’ve ever done before. Gosh, I would say, that’s the main reason I’m looking forward to doing [it]. It’s just a side I’ve never really shown before. I think it’s going to be a lot of color in this movie. A lot of things you haven’t seen before, hopefully. I’m crossing my fingers, anyway.”

And the “Seventeen” actor says he’s taking his cues from Leonardo DiCaprio on how to transition from teen star to serious actor.

“I think someone who’s made very wise choices is Leonardo DiCaprio. He’s kind of my definition of teen star because when I was growing up his face was everywhere. I think since then he’s developed an incredible body of work. If there’s anyone I’d like to emulate it’s him.”

CLICK NAME TO SEE MORE PICTURES

0 Comments: